Increase or decrease the number of results from the ACT Universal Search
By default, ACT will return 50 results whenever you do a search using Universal Search. To increase or decrease this number, do the following:
- Close ACT!.
- Open Windows® Services screen and locate ACT! Service Host. Right click on the service and select Stop.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the Sage ACT! installation directory.
- 32-bit operating system default: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
- 64-bit operating system default: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
- Locate the file Act.Server.Host.exe.config. Right click on the file, select Open With, and choose Notepad.
- Locate the configSections portion of the code.
- Remove the comment qualifiers from the beginning and end of the section: <!– and –>.
- Change the value for maxDocuments from 50 to the desired number.
Here’s a screen shot of this section.
Save the change and close the file.
Open the Windows Services screen and locate ACT! Service Host. Right click on the service and select Start.
Launch Sage ACT! and perform Universal Search to test change.
« Customer Relationship Tracking – Why it works | Home | Groups in ACT – the power of Consolidation »