This situation can result from the Windows Event Log being full. Resolve this using the following steps to set the Event Log to Overwrite.
1. Close Sage ACT!.
2. To open Task Manager and press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and locate Act.Server.Host.exe andClick End Process.
3. Right click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
4. Expand Event Viewer.
5. Right click on Applications and select Properties.
6. Change Log File setting to Overwrite events as needed.
7. Click OK to apply the change and close the Properties window.
8. Repeat the steps for System.
9. Close the Computer Management window.
10. Open the Services screen (Windows Start / Run / enter Services.msc and press Enter key).
11. Locate ACT! Service Host, right click on it and select Restart.
12. Launch Sage ACT! and test Universal Search.