Fields and Tables to Excel Wizard
This standalone Act! addon executable opens Excel, and creates a separate spreadsheet for every table (entity) within an Act! database.
Tables included are; Contact, Group, Company, Activity, Notes, Histories, Opportunity and Secondary Contact. Each spreadsheet lists all the fields and the following columns:
- Display Name -- The name that shows on a layout
- Table Name -- The internal name of the Act! table
- Column Name -- The actual internal name of the field
- Data Type -- Character, date/time, number, annual event, etc.
- Length -- Size of field
- Pick List -- Name of drop-down list
- Is Custom -- Yes/No -- is it a custom field
- Is Defined -- Yes/No -- is it
- Is Primary -- Yes/No -- is it a primary field
- Allow Edit -- Yes/No -- Allow editing
- Allow Blank -- Yes/No -- Allow blank fields
- Allow Null -- Yes/No -- Allow null fields
- Create History -- Yes/No -- Create history when updated
- Trigger on Focus -- Shows the path if a trigger exists
- Trigger on Lost Focus -- Shows the path if a trigger exists
- Trigger on Change -- Shows the path if a trigger exists
- Default Value -- Shows the default value if present
This extract is helpful if you are working on XML reports or with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports.
Note: This wizard is only compatible with the desktop versions of Act! (not Act! Cloud/Web)